Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia drivers won't install

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Xirw

Xirw

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Ok I have been trying to figure this out for almost 2 weeks now. The newest NVIDIA drivers for me 334.89 will not install.

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Graphics Card - GeForce 690

Here are some things I've tried and you should know:

The first time I did a normal update through GeForce Experience and that has failed.

The next time I downloaded the actual driver manually to install but still no luck.

I have disabled all my security programs and tried again but it failed.

I have uninstalled my Antivirus and completely removed any leftovers by making a custom script with ComboFix to absolutely make sure its not my AntiVirus interfering but even with all that it still didn't work.

The next thing I have tried was uninstalling it regularly, then using a program that has proven to work for many people Driver Sweeper. It cleaned the leftover drivers and I tried to install the drivers again, this time

using the option for "Clean Install" which removes any preferences for Nvidia and such. But after all this nothing has worked. I really don't think I am infected. I just think I have conflicting software and I can't figure out where.

My computer is also heavily modified with themes and rainmeters and such and I had to use a universal theme patcher (yes its safe) to patch my system but msconfig thinks those files are "corrupt" which is not true. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.. but I really need help bad on this one.

If there is any other information I need to post just let me know.

Edit- I have posted this problem in the Nvidia forums but they were useless which is why I am posting it here.

Edited by tg1489, 27 February 2014 - 10:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,698 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

"heavily modified with themes and rainmeters" I think is your problem. After you uninstall the driver use Driver Sweeper again in safe mode to delete any remaining items and then install the driver in safe mode.

#3 Xirw

Xirw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Ok I'll try to install it in safe mode.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

"My computer is also heavily modified with themes and rainmeters" - get greasy or lubricating your Windows and is a path towards one new full clean install.Driver Sweeper,Driver Genius etc. programs are not a good decision.

#5 Xirw

Xirw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Safe mode didn't work, is there anyone here that specializes in figuring out the conflict?

@Alex&Vanko If I wanted to do a clean install I wouldn't be here. Driver Sweeper has been an excellent program in the past for me and its even available here at BleepingComputer to download so I don't know where you are getting your information from.

#6 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Safe mode didn't work, is there anyone here that specializes in figuring out the conflict?

@Alex&Vanko If I wanted to do a clean install I wouldn't be here. Driver Sweeper has been an excellent program in the past for me and its even available here at BleepingComputer to download so I don't know where you are getting your information from.

Sorry my mistake.So many sweeping and washing programs there are.I have nothing against Driver Sweeper.I apologize! As far as I understood you use applications to make Windows looking more beautiful.That`s crumble it.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 28 February 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#7 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,018 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

if you have onboard video, that is a neat-o feature to use while you are uninstalling. dislodge the card, hook up to your onboard, power up; uninstall everything and get your drivers you want to try on standby  you can uninstall directly through your control panel or with the BC approved third-party apps available in the download section, once you are clean, power down, install the card, power back up and load the desired drivers and then shazam. i have done it that way so many times as i was switchng back and forth from radeon to nvidia and back.  with nvidia, it is a good idea to get the whql versions, not the beta.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users