Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

560 ti MTD 5x ISSUE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 polg0003

polg0003

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

I am having an issue with my 560 ti MTD 5x (56NGH6DM3TTX) graphics card. My three monitors randomly turn off. And I mean randomly. It can happen after a couple hours of use, or a couple of days, it can happen when I am gaming, or doing office work, it can happen when the computer is asleep.

I have the three monitors hooked up to the mini-hdmi ports. When they turn off, I can get one of them to turn back on by hooking it into the DVI port on the graphics card. After I turn the computer off, and reattach to the mini-hdmi port, all three monitors turn back on.

My PSU is a 750w is working properly, I have reseated the graphics card, all my drivers are up to date.

Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

Please download and run who crahsed and speccy:

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big download.png button.

• Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

• You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

• After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

• Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    p22004369.gif
  • Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
  • You will see the following prompt:
    p22004371.gif
  • Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    p22004372.gif
  • Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
  • Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

We need to analyze your operating system's crash dump files to further diagnose what could possibly be crashing your computer system.

Please download Who Crashed? and save it to your desktop.

Double click whocrashedSetup.exe and choose Run

On Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 machines, when User Account Control asks if you wish to install this program, say YES to install the program on your computer.

Program can also be installed by right click and choosing Run As An Administrator.

On the next screen choose Next and accept the agreement.

Install the program in it's default location C:\Program Files\WhoCrashed (If your primary drive is different from C:, choose your primary drive.)

Choose Next and allow program to create a Start Menu Folder called WhoCrashed and click Next.

Allow program to create desktop icon and click Next.

Now Click Install.

Once the program is installed on your computer system, look for the WhoCrashed icon.png desktop Icon and double click it.

Accept the User Account Control request and the program will open on your screen and should look something like this.

whocrashed.png

Next, Click the Analyze button. analyze.png

An Information Window should appear on your screen prompting you to scroll down your screen.

If a report was generated we would like to have a look at this report.

To do this, click File analyze.png and then choose Export.

Save as WhoCrashedOutput.htm to your desktop.

Open WhoCrashedOutput.htm and copy and paste all of the contents from System Information (local) and Crash Dump Analysis and the Conclusion into your next reply.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 polg0003

polg0003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aGzuGCTX8gkPGD1Xu4G3vtO

Attached Files

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Speccy does not show anything wrong related to temperature or hardware that is obvious...

The crash dumps were all from October so I am not certain if they are relevant...

0x50 was your most common crash, here is info about that directly from microsoft:

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache (CPU), or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

One of the crash dumps was caused by Avast so my first move would be to uninstall avast.

If that changes nothing I would recommend running memtest: download and burn this file directly to disc, do not extract: Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip) Then boot to the disc and run at least 2 passes. See if you have any errors.

If the ram shows no errors, my next step would be to run prime95: http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205 to test the cpu, and then furmark: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ to test the video card.

You can look in event viewer at the exact times that these things happen and see if there is anything noted: to open event viewer, in the start menu, search programs and files type in event viewer and hit enter. Then click the windows logs and then system. The exact time would be most helpful.

The only other crash 0xA info and possible solutions:

BCCode: 0A     0x0000000A

Cause

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.

The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

Resolving the Problem

If a kernel debugger is available, obtain a stack trace.

To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.
  3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool

1. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
  2. Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
  3. Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
  4. Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.
  5. If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination.
  6. For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/subordinate/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks.

Edited by zingo156, 28 February 2014 - 01:32 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users