Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Monitor Screen Turns Black...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Barrax

Barrax

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:16 AM

At any random time I'm on my computer, the monitor screen will fade to a dark shade, then just go pitch black, while it's still on. If you turn the monitor off and back on it will stay normal for maybe a second before it goes pitch black again. The only way i can keep it from going black screen is by slapping the back of my monitor and it goes back to normal for awhile.

:thumbsup: I have a hp pavilion a712n with a nvidia geforce x card i installed myself. any my monitor is a hp pavilion f1703

help please. i dont know what to do :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:22 AM

The only way i can keep it from going black screen is by slapping the back of my monitor and it goes back to normal for awhile

I'd have to say you've already answered your own question. :thumbsup:
Got a test monitor?

#3 Barrax

Barrax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:37 PM

i switched monitors and the other moniter works perfectly fine, but the screen is smaller, which sucks =/

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:43 PM

Ahh... the good old slap/kick to any electronical equipment solves all the problems...

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:19 AM

Try a rubber hammer instead - it will prevent you from hurting your hand.

Seriously - your monitor is going. Time to think about replacement.

Check the cable, and if it is tight on the computer connection, there's not much more to be done.

#6 CARNOSA

CARNOSA

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:52 PM

I have got the same problem and it seems many have. I have sent you this link frOm HP.yOURS MIGHT STILL BE UNDER WARRANTY.tHERE IS A PROBLEM WITH TH f1703

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...c00409521&lc=en

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users