Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a new MP3 player - any recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Izzye

Izzye

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I notice the previous similar entry has no replies, so I shall hope that some one replies to me.

The battery has almost totally died in my Walkman (less than 15mins life) and replacing it will cost me about £10 which for a £20, 6 year old unit isn't really worth that so I'm looking for something "new".

Ideally, I want something NOT made by Apple, without a touch screen, but with a screen, with at least 6GiB disk space and under £50 with a battery life of around 24h, the more the better. I don't need it to be a brand new model, something oldish is fine, I was particularly fond of the old Creative Zens and had quite a few of those which kept breaking and being replaced, I don't need video playback or a radio or bluetooth or anything like that but it does need a standard USB cable to connect it to a computer.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

I have an older SanDisk Sansa Fuze that I'm really pleased with. Haven't used it as much lately since my phone has more features with the player installed.

http://www.sandisk.com/products/music-video-players/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

I've had the Sansa Clip+ for a while and I highly recommend it.  The sound quality is very good, it's compact,  it has expandable memory (microSD) and it's rugged enough to sustain a few bumps along the way.

Edited by Ted Striker, 27 February 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

I would buy this - http://www.pixmania.co.uk/video-player/sony-nwz-e383-mp3-player-4gb-black/21732068-a.html

SONY NWZ-E383 MP3 player 4GB - black OR

SONY NWZ-B173F - MP3 Digital player - flash 4 GB - black - http://www.pixmania.co.uk/mp3-player/sony-nwz-b173f-mp3-digital-player-flash-4-gb-black/13576860-a.html

I can not handle with Sony`s site,therefore the links are from elsewhere.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 27 February 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#5 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

go for sony mp3 players. There are as durable as their phones , with good sound production and multiple functions too. Definitely worth a buy. 

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

I have Sansa and Philips players...they all do the job.  Buying such becomes more a matter of personal taste than anything, IMO.

Louis

#7 malwaremachinist

malwaremachinist

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

Izzye,

It's hard to go wrong with a Clip+ or Clip Zip. There's also the FiiO music players for Hi-Fi sound, but they're more expensive.

Very Best,
MM

#8 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

ipod-nano-5th-gen-p43-800.jpg

Edited by Atomic77, 28 January 2016 - 11:18 PM.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#9 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:24 PM

I have an original, ancient Sansa Clip and a newer Clip Zip. They really are excellent players with good sound (use good headphones) and very good battery life.

However, depending on your needs, you might look into getting a "used" player. Here in the States Goodwill operates its own auction site with a category reserved for MP3 players. All sales are final, so read the description closely. You might want to stick to items that are described as having been tested.

If you can afford a bit more, I really like (and recommend) the Fiio X1. It has no internal memory -- it uses microSD cards. These can be loaded with music on your computer.

Edited by Capn Easy, 09 February 2016 - 09:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users