Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Log after using ComboFix without a reason

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Writer

Writer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

There are my logs done with DDS.

I can also mention that yestarday I stared to run ComboFix but I closed the program twice (first at the stage 3 by accideny and secondly on the stage 4 purpouseful - scanning was taking few hours). I used ComboFix without a reason and I am curious if my computer is OK. Nothing sings of infections notied I guess.

Please, look at the logs and thank you.

My topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525886/program-to-diagnose-computer/#entry3300246

Attached Files

Edited by Writer, 27 February 2014 - 12:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

:welcome:

Hello Writer,

my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.

Please follow these guidelines:
  • Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.
  • Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.
  • print or copy & save instructions.
  • back up all your private data / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.
  • Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.
  • Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.
  • Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.
  • Ask for clarification, if you have any questions.
  • Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.
  • My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.

1. Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
    Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

2. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Right-click FRST / FSRT64 then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Cheers,
Jo
If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 36 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Writer

Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

There are all three logs form above programs.

Attached Files

#4 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,445 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hello Writer,

P2P - I see you have P2P software uTorrent installed on your machine.

• Avoid P2P
  • Identity Theft and / or malware infection may happen, when P2P software is running on your computer.
  • Here you will find more information.

Please note:

• If you think you're using a "safe" P2P program, only the program is safe, not the data.
  • You will share files from unsafe sources, and these may be infected.
  • Some bad guys use P2P filesharing as an important chanel to spread their wares.

I would advice you, uninstall it now.
You can do this via Start > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs (XP) or Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (Vista / 7).

---

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.

• Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.
  • Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.
  • Scan your system for malware
  • With some infections, you may see two messages boxes.
  • 'Could not load protection driver'. Click 'OK'.
  • 'Could not load DDA driver'. Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart. Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
  • If malware is found - do not press the Clean up button, please go to the MBAR folder and then copy/paste the contents of the MBAR-log-***.txt file to your next reply.

If there is no malware found, please let me know as well.

---

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click AdwCleaner.exe

• Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
    The actual line should say "Pending. Please uncheck elements you do not want to remove" => scan is complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it.
    If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Edited by Jo*, 28 February 2014 - 06:52 AM.

Cheers,
Jo
If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 36 hours please send me a PM.

#5 Writer

Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Thank you for the informations - I didn't removed P2P program yet, because I don't want to install/unistall any program during ours diagnosis.

While scanning computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit I had no informations like "could not load". I had one alarm message, but it refers to program I know is safe - trainer. So I didnt clean up. I can't find log Notepad file form MBAR - I can only find folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (I had it installed before) but no log files inside.

Log form AdwCleaner attached - I guess it found nothing.

Attached Files

#6 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,445 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hello Writer,

Please download Junkware Removal Tool from HERE and save it to your desktop.
Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any potential conflicts.
Double click JRT.exe to run the tool.
  • JRT will begin to backup your registry and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, the log JRT.txt is saved on your desktop and will automatically open.
Enable your antivirus!
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next reply.

Run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool again.
  • Double-click to run FSRT / FSRT64. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How the computer is running now?

Cheers,
Jo

#7 Writer

Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Computer is runnig ok, nothing suspicious activity noticed - as I wrote before I just want to be sure that evrything is ok after using ComboFix unpurposeful and to check I had no malware ect.

I attached two logs Notepad files as requested.

Attached Files

• Attached File  JRT.txt   1.04KB   2 downloads
  • Attached File  FRST.txt   26.98KB   1 downloads

#8 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,445 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hello Writer,

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan!
Download the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Double-click mbam-setup****.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
Note to Vista | Windows 7/8 users, please right-click and select Run as Administrator.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the log back into your next reply.
Note 1: The log can also be found via the Logs tab when Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is started.
Note 2: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed and they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.

Cheers,
Jo

#9 Writer

Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

I did scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It found only one alert, the same as I mentioned above and I am sure it is save.

Log attached,

Attached Files

#10 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,445 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hello Writer,

well done. :)

It Appears That Your Pc Is Clean!

Clean up:

You used Combofix.
Deactivate your antivirus software once more.
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /, it needs to be there.

CF-Uninstall.png
Enable your antivirus software.

Right-click AdwCleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Uninstall button.
  • A window will open, press the Confirm button.
  • AdwCleaner will uninstall now.

Clean up with delfix:
  • please download delfix to your desktop.
  • Close all other programms and start delfix.
  • Please check all the boxes and run the tool.
  • delfix will now delete all found traces of our removal process

Delete the log files our tools created; they are located at your desktop or at the
"c:\users\{.......}\Downloads" folder.
Highlight them, and press the del or delete key on the keyboard.
You can browse to the location of the file or folder using either My Computer or Windows Explorer.

Here are some Preventive tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:

1. Browse more secure2. Enable Protected Mode in Internet Explorer. This helps Windows Vista, 7 / 8 users stay more protected from attack by running Internet Explorer with restricted privileges as well as reducing the ability to write, alter or destroy data on your system or install malicious code. To make sure this is running follow these steps:
  • Open Internet Explorer
  • Click on Tools > Internet Options
  • Press Security tab
  • Select Internet zone then place check next to Enable Protected Mode if not already done
  • Do the same for Local Intranet, Trusted Sites and Restricted Sites and then press Apply
  • Restart Internet Explorer and in the bottom right corner of your screen you will see Protected Mode: On showing you it is enabled.
3. Make sure you keep your Windows OS current.
  • Windows XP users can visit Windows update regularly to download and install any critical updates and service packs.
  • Windows Vista / 7 users can update via
    Start menu > All Programs > Windows Update > Check for Updates (in left hand task pane).
4. Avoid P2P
  • If you think you're using a "safe" P2P program, only the program is safe, not the data.
  • You will share files from unsafe sources, and these may be infected.
  • Some bad guys use P2P filesharing as an important chanel to spread their wares.
5. Use only one anti-virus software and keep it up-to-date.

6. Firewall
Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over. I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

7. Backup regularly
You never know when your PC will become unstable or become so infected that you can't recover it.

8. Use Strong passwords!

9. Email attachments
Do not open any unknown email attachments, which you received without asking for it!

Extra note:
Keep your Browser, Java, pdf Reader and Adobe Flash Up to Date.
Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks.
To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan. http://secunia.com/software_inspector/

Cheers,
Jo

#11 Writer

Writer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

OK, I removed ComboFix and cleaned up.

Thank you very much for your help. I am happy that my PC is clean.

Thanks again, great job!

#12 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,445 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Cheers,
Jo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users