Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

to many Network Adapter drivers loaded

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 john0311

john0311

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

Win 7 sp1 x64 Dell laptop

Feel pretty dumb about this, but believe I should only have 1 network adapter driver installed. I think the only one I need is the Intel ® Centrino® Wireless- N1030.

Regarding the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller I always get a warning in Event Viewer- System that says

Event 1 RTL8167

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is disconnected from network.

I only use laptop at home. Wireless connect to Netgear router. Attached is pic of device manager.

Attached File  Device Manager.jpg   159.45KB   0 downloads   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,661 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

I am pretty sure that is your Ethernet Adapter. The event viewer warning comes up because it doesn't detect anything connected to your Ethernet port.

#3 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

JohnC_21 is correct and the remainder of the entries look fairly standard for a laptop with bluetooth and wireless adapters, if you have clicked on show hidden devices.

I would advise that you resolve the issue with the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter.

#4 john0311

john0311
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

Am I right in assuming I don't need it. ( Microsoft Virtual WiFi adapter) Is it just a matter of right clicking on it and uninstall? What's it for anyway? 

#5 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

It's used for making Windows think it has more than one adapter so you can connect to two wireless networks at once.  You can't uninstall it as such - it will get reinstalled the next time you start Windows.

Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings

Right click on your Wireless Network Connection and select Properties.

Click on the Sharing tab and make sure both boxes are unchecked.  Click on Ok and then close down all programs and windows and restart your computer.

Has the entry disappeared?

#6 john0311

john0311
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

When I checked the properties, first box already unchecked. Second box is checked and grayed out as well as settings button. what next?

#7 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

Check the first box.  That should allow you to uncheck the second box and then uncheck the first box again.

#8 john0311

john0311
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

okay that worked, rebooted, the driver shows with yellow triangle, says not working cause it couldn't load drivers. Is that how it should stay? 

#9 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

That list of nic's is normal for a laptop. You generally will have a normal wired nic and a separate wifi nic. Then you will see even more stuff in there if you do VirtualBox things of that nature. The yellow mark there could also mean it isn't getting IP and the issue is with the Router's DHCP and wifi radio is hung. If it is then a quick power cycle of the router usually will fix that.

Edited by technonymous, 28 February 2014 - 04:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users