Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound System For My Pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Qas

Qas

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:37 AM

Hello I am looking to buy a sound system for my computer (2.1). I want a really good sub woofer witch produces good DEEP bass so you can feel it I really want it powerful I want one that comes with a sound card because I head it sounds better with a sound card supplied with the computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:50 AM

Hi Qas

I want one that comes with a sound card

Speaker systems don't come with sound cards. :thumbsup:
Post your system make and model. You'll get much more reliable suggestions.

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:36 AM

It is true that separate sound cards produce better sound the onto the motherboard integrated solutions, but as HitSquad said you won't get one with the speakers but have to buy one separately. As for great speakers look to www.klipsch.com
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:19 AM

ok. i dont really know what a good sub woffer is like i said i want one that is deep.

i dont know how many watts is good etc plz help thanks

Edited by Qas, 14 May 2006 - 10:21 AM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:50 AM

Mr. Alpha has suggested Klipsh, while they are nice they will also quickly empty your wallet, and to be honest I believe that they are living largely on their reputation here, they do make a good sub woofer...but there are comparable speakers out there that are a lot less expensive

If you don't want to spend a small fortune you might try Creative, they make the Inspire T2900 2.1 system which for the price blew me away.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AZJZ...glance&n=172282

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:00 PM

right erm. they dont sell in the UK

is this good its for 87.50

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...,CONTENTID=9372
is "Subwoofer: 120 watts RMS" any good
and its "THX" will this be deep bass thanks alottt

#7 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:12 PM

I have a preference for headphones on a 2.1 system - I have a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (which didn't cost too much) and I bought a decent set of headphones. These days head phones have positional speakers, and depending how much you want to spend, some have multiple speakers inside. I got a set of Altec Lansing headphones with headset, and until I get a 7.1 system, I will NEVER go back to 2.1. You would be surprised how bassy headphones can get - borrow someones and have a go, you willnot go back.
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:12 AM

right erm. they dont sell in the UK

is this good its for 87.50

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...,CONTENTID=9372
is "Subwoofer: 120 watts RMS" any good
and its "THX" will this be deep bass thanks alottt

Logitech build good electronics, but I don't know anything about their speaker systems, one thing that bothers me looking at the add is that there is no mention of the subwoofer being "powered", meaning that it has its own amplification. If it is powered, a eight inch supwoofer should be enough to give you a bloody nose.

If you are going to invest that much in a sound system you should listen to it before you make your purchase, take along one of your favorite CDs.

I just did a quick google and found the following, appearantly you can get them there. Check here

Edited by dc3, 15 May 2006 - 02:58 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:04 PM

Logitech has another 2.1 set. I don't know if Newegg ships to the UK, but you might find a more local outlet.
Logitech X-230
Check out the user eviews in any case.

#10 WereBo

WereBo

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:52 PM

Another alternative, depending on how close they are, is to run a stereo cable from the 'Line Out' on a decent,cheap sound card like the Soundblaster Audigy to the 'Line In/Aux In' of your Stereo System! My PC is approx 20' away from my Stereo and there's no noise or signal loss over that distance.

Believe me, if you have a decent sound system and speakers, the PC sound quality is bl&@dy excellent!!! Posted Image...

Posted Image

Humus hic parumper venatus of militis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users