Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 task bar

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

I have looked high and low to find a way to clear the icons from task bar, every time there is a program installed icons appear as you know on the task bar and gives you the option to hide them or show them.

my system is slowing down and may be from to many icons loaded on to task bar.

I have done much clean up of unused files folders etc. I have done mal ware tests etc nothing showing up says all is clean.

can any one chime in that knows what else I can do on this topic.

thankyou for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,246 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Right click the icon then click unpin.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

I know how to unpin from the task bar but I have a different topic that I'am talk about.

If I could I would send the image of what I'am talking about but I do not see a way to do that in my reply.

#4 Rotes

Rotes

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Try to take a screenshot and post it to http://www.imgur.com and then post that link. Should get the job done.

#5 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

If you're talking about the little icons that appear in the right-hand bottom of your screen, you should be able to right-click on the little upwards facing carot symbol just to the left of them, then when a pop-up menu appears, click on "Customize notification icons".

This will allow you to customize your task bar to control which icons will appear, and when they will appear.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

#6 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Yes that is what I'am talking about but I know how to customize the icons but that is still not what I'am talking about, I'am trying to remove some of the things in that area that has gotten into notifications area and I want to remove some of those icons,

I do not want to remove the important icons just the icons that have appeared there, like everytime I install something then that little icon is there in the notification area you see. and there must be a way to get it cleaned off.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Slowness is not from the icons but from the programs you installed which created startups that show icons in that area.

Please refer to this guide: Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware

One of the most common culprits is too many startup applications so be sure to read that section.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

Yes that is right, I have to many programs OR had to many programs at one time and now I would like to remove them off the system try for good. 

and I have very good reason to know that I do not have any malware my system is clean.

Thankyou for the info.

Slowness is not from the icons but from the programs you installed which created startups that show icons in that area.

Please refer to this guide: Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware

One of the most common culprits is too many startup applications so be sure to read that section.

Misspelled one word I meant to type in system TRAY

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

To remove common trial and promotional software, Toolbars and junk programs often installed on a new computer by OEMs, use PC De-crapifier which provides a wizard style interface with step by step instructions.

For other programs you don't recognize or know whether they are worthwhile to keep or be removed, use Should I Remove It?.

#10 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

Thankyou for the great links to look over I have seen a few of them before, I do use the remove it tool seems to help.

still like to get rid of those tiny icons in the notification area, and I'am not having much luck doing that.

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

...still like to get rid of those tiny icons in the notification area, and I'am not having much luck doing that.

The section "Check for any unnecessary applications loading when Windows Boots" in the Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware guide explains how to do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users