Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU Usage - System interrupts and DFCS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rotes

Rotes

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Computer Specs:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Intel-i5 4670k 3.6ghz

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H

16gb ram (2x8)

670gtx 4gb

1tb hdd

Netgear N150 WNA1100 Wi-fi adapter

So recently I have been ecountering an Issue with my pc where it becomes unresponsive usually while playing games that require network access.The CPU will spike to 95-100% for about 2-5 seconds and then shoot back down to normal percentages with a bout a 20 second window of usability before it spikes again. Even when I kill the games via task manager the cpu usage continues to spike intermittently.  I at least able to run process explorer and the high usage pointed to system interrupts and DFCS. The one catch is that the issue isn't persistent and when it happens it usually gets worse as time goes on making analysis via process explorer hard.

Any ideas of what could be causing this issue or information I could provide to help out?

Edited by Rotes, 26 February 2014 - 09:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,240 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Os windows managing your page file?

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Rotes

Rotes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Os windows managing your page file?

Yes it is managing the page file. Haven't really messed around w/ page file on this system. It's currently set at 16271MB

#4 Rotes

Rotes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Bump

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

Might be useful, http://forum.sysinternals.com/high-cpu-usage-system-interrupts-and-dpc_topic29005.html .

Non-persistent problems or occurrences...will, IMO, be very difficult to pin down.

Louis

#6 Rotes

Rotes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, it's a killer annoyance. Going to try and snag a screenshot of Process Explorer next time it occurs. I've updated some drivers and uninstalled some old unused ones. Hopefully this resolves the issue.

I'll update if it occurs again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users