Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer problem with website security certificate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bread&Butter

Bread&Butter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

I'm trying to fix a classmates Windows 7 laptop that she desperately needs for school. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is going on with her internet explorer. Every time I try and load a page ( Google, Yahoo etc..) I get a error that there is a problem with the websites security certificate. Now, I can click "continue, not recommended" and usually get through but some sites, like the college home page, just come up as web page not available. I've tried turning off the firewall but that has not worked. Any suggestions? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

The first thing I usually do is check the system date and time.

After that check to see if she's setup to use a proxy server.  I've seen this cause the same problem as well.

#3 Bread&Butter

Bread&Butter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I found that the time and date were in fact off, so I corrected that but I'm still having the same problem. Can someone guide me on configuring the proxy server?

#4 Bread&Butter

Bread&Butter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Ok, so it was the date after all. When I first changed it, I had it set to 2013. Now that I have it correct, everything works fine. Thanks Trakeen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users