Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVD Drive Issues After a Burned DVD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Joshe

Joshe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Hello all,

I'm running Windows 8.1 and recently wanted to give Linux a shot just to see how the GUI was like. So I downloaded the iso and mounted it to a DVD-R I had. After that, I rebooted and launched the OS and took some looks around. I decided to stick to Windows 8.1 and never touched my DVD/CD drive again. Today I wanted to watch a DVD so I opened up the drive and went to launch but the drive no longer shows up in my Drive lists and VideoLAN (VLC) doesn't recognize its exsistance. Device Manager, however, still lists all its information.

Any idea what's going on? I hope the mounting and reading of that disk didn't mess up. Whenever I put the DVD in I can hear it initially spooling but then it just dies. There is no LED indication light for me to see if it's reading or not, but the computer just doesn't know what's going on.

Cheers,

Joshua

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users