Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lunascape and other Browsers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Castle Robin

Castle Robin

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

For those of you who have Lunascape, what do you think?

Like other browsers, software, peripherals, etc, there are always mixed opinions on products, but from the positive reviews I've read, the Japan based (now also US based) browser looks very good.  They have a very high level of customization options, Firefox add-on options are compatible, and Lunascape also have several of their own, and I find it useful that a few engines can be installed and alternated side by side or switched to and from, such as if certain web sites will only work in Internet Explorer but not the other engines.

Also, what do you think of their privacy policy?

Likewise to the above in other browsers. I don't know what the privacy policies are for fork browsers, but they also tend to be very stable.

I often read in companies' software privacy policies that they aggregate information of users' surfing habits to third parties, eg Google Analytics but that users' searches are not personally identified to their names, IP addresses, etc, but can never be sure how honest these descriptions are.

That's not to say all companies are dishonest.  Far from it, but I am always cautious about how companies as a whole treat users' data, as some opt users in without their knowledge or permission, while others leave users to decide if they want in.

Not intending to be discriminatory in any way, are there any countries that are dangerous to download software from and/or have web sites which may have malware, viruses, trojans, spyware and/or adware in their programs?

Some sites also have downloads that, when you click on the links, their software is only downloadable via alternative sites. 

Bleeping Computer is one of the most trustworthy and reliable sites for viewing and downloading software from, but generally, I download directly from the official sites of products due to some undesirable sites uploading bogus versions of genuine software.

I've come across so many differences between browsers I have and haven't tried.  I think all have several features built into their browsers and navigation speed varies from one to another, as do some features working non some browsers that are blocked by others, due to settings or bugs. 

A selection of browsers also have add-ons as optional extras - Firefox and lookalikes have the option to install a large number of add-ons which are also compatible in Lunascape and fork browsers, but I limit my add-ons so the extensions don't overload my computer's speed, Chrome and their lookalikes also have the option to install a large number of add-ons, some overlapping, and some browsers even have Media Players (independent of Windows Media) built into them.  The list of browsers and features per browser are endless with lots of innovative ideas.

Edited by Castle Robin, 26 February 2014 - 07:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users