Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb error , device can not be recognized.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

I am using xp professional sp 3. Motherboard is gigabyte 8ipe1000g

Back 4 usb, front 2 usb. I dont use too much front usbs and i dont know if i connected correctly but i only charge my mobile and sometimes file transfer, and no problem.

For back usbs, i use webcam keyboard and external harddrive but always they give errors.

10 minutes ago , i could see webcam, harddrive in my computer. Now they disapperared. In device manager, there are 2 unknown device. If i take off and put another place, it can work. I tried a lot of times and sometimes it became succssfull.

While external harddrive was working, it was saying "writing was unsucsesfful and had delay."

How do i understand if drivers are defected or motherboard or my devices but i dont think my devices are defected.

This was yersterday.

Today:

i installed  lan, chipset and audio drivers  1 month ago.

Now it shows logicech webcam but can not recognize ext harddisk and says "can not recognize because one of usb s are not working." When i click device manager, it shows unknown device.

Also at front usb same. Can not show my phone but my phone is charging. And same error, recognize. I can not understand why unworking usb changes sometime sfront, sometimes back

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 windummy

windummy

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

@ Cursed Chico:

Read and try to apply this Microsoft KB Article using their Fix it Wizard first:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925196/en-US

If that doesn't work, or you get hung up, you can Publish a Snapshot of your entire system in this forum using Speccy:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792

Post the link of the snapshot in your next post. Someone else in the BC Community will read it and advise because your USB issue is def a registry entry problem and I am not qualified to show you how and where to correct such entry(s).

Be patient and wait for the real BC wizards to show up in this post and lend the solution you need.

Re,

/MH~

:)

Edited by hamluis, 27 February 2014 - 11:01 AM.
Removed unnecessary quote - Hamluisl.

#3 Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

I tried this but wyhen i run fix it, it gives error ,  threre is anerror. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_update/windows-updates-error-code-641-and-80070641-and/a4a4c2eb-1b1f-484f-b25a-5b71ab61556a

This error but i searcherd and i dont think i have used registy fragging programs. I could run fix it a few months ago.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/0xYn16F6cZ6UDGxx0I6twlv

not 2 gb, 1.5 gb. 

WHen i connect webcam to down right, there is no problem. down left, not recognize, unknown device error. When i connect up left, it says this device can be faster in 2.0 usb. up right, on problem again. 

I made one more turn and down left down right gave errors. Ups are ok. There is only keyboard and webcam now.

Edited by hamluis, 28 February 2014 - 09:53 AM.
Removed unnecessary quote, removed formatting - Hamluis.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

I suggest that you go back into 'Device Manager' and expand the entry 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers', then double click on each controller in turn and delete their drivers. Then re-boot the computer. This will automatically re-install the drivers.

Note that this will almost certainly disable your mouse. To turn the computer off, press on the 'Windows' key on your keyboard, this brings up the 'Start Menu' and you can select 'Shutdown' with the 'TAB' key ( this is the one on most keyboards that has two flat arrows in opposite directions, and usually 4th key up on the extreme left hand side. Sorry for the vagueness, but I am not familiar with Turkish keyboards.) Press the TAB key slowly and you will see 'Shut down' selected when it has a sort of dotted line around it, then press the 'Enter' key. You can then use the TAB key or the arrow keys to select either shut down or re-start. When it starts up again, you will have your mouse back.

If this works, great, if it doesn't, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users