Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sorry to say

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zeugitai

Zeugitai

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

that I'm not an expert, although I'm trying.  I'll be here primarily seeking rescues and expertise.  I have become a hobbyist with old abandoned PCs that I like to get running, and improve a little, if I can.  It's a fascinating pastime.  I confess to having the most trouble with motherboard troubleshooting.  Anyways, hello world.

Edited by Zeugitai, 26 February 2014 - 01:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Castle Robin

Castle Robin

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hello Zeugitai

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer

#3 Zeugitai

Zeugitai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hi!  Thanks for the welcome.

I want to modify my original post: I'm having more trouble with these chassis than anything else.  I picked up a junker MPC (Clientpro 365 tower with Intel D915GRV m/b) and I can't figure out how to get the optical drive and the floppy drive out of their berths. It looked like the Dell Dimension 8200 plastic rails but doesn't seem to want to work the same way.

Does anyone have one of these?  Or the documentation?

Thanks!

#4 Castle Robin

Castle Robin

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, I can't assist you with your request, but could I make a polite suggestion to be helpful to you - could you repost your computer queries in one of the categories under the "Operating Systems" or "Hardware" sections of this forum?

I thought I'd suggest this, as one of those sections would be more tailored for your queries and you'd have better chance of someone seeing and being able to help you with your technical related queries in one of those sections.  

I hope you have success with your queries.

Hi!  Thanks for the welcome.

I want to modify my original post: I'm having more trouble with these chassis than anything else.  I picked up a junker MPC (Clientpro 365 tower with Intel D915GRV m/b) and I can't figure out how to get the optical drive and the floppy drive out of their berths. It looked like the Dell Dimension 8200 plastic rails but doesn't seem to want to work the same way.

Does anyone have one of these?  Or the documentation?

Thanks!

Edited by Castle Robin, 27 February 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#5 Zeugitai

Zeugitai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Thank you.  I've just done so.   I do have to be more cautious about choosing the proper forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users