Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no external power HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mackesacke

mackesacke

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

My computer has been working great recently, but about a week ago i took it to a friends house. i plugged it in and the computer booted, the fans were going and it did the usual beep. However, it seems i do not get any external power for my display keyboard or mouse. I suspect it's either my motherboard or CPU that needs replacing but i would love some confirmation of my suspects before blowing any cash.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

Before I looked inside the box I'd check outside. Are you very sure that the adapter is supplying power to the laptop? If the power is getting to the laptop check the battery, maybe boot without the battery installed to eliminate that possibility. If adapter and battery are good then it might be time to look inside the box.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Sometimes a stick of ram can get bumped out of a slot and cause this problem. I would start by re-seating ram.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users