Lets see here. I would like you to look for and try some things. (even if you have done them).
- Go into Settings and at the bottom under "About Device". Click it, and give me the following info please
- Model Number
- Android Version
- Base Band Version
- Kernel Version
- and build number
- A list of applications you have installed on your device (PM me if you do not want that info in a post, I will never repost what you send).
Now we will try some things to see what you have done already.
- Staying in Settings go to Personalization (I think its been awhile since I have used 4.2 so you might have to look a little, but the option are there) or maybe hardware etc. And go to battery saver mode and make sure it on.
- In settings go to Mobile Data (should be at the top of the list) and unclick Mobile Data (if its clicked)
- On this same screen hit the right button to big up the menu and uncheck all boxes and recheck Restrict Background Data.
- From Here Reboot your device.
From here we need to test it. Charge your phone to 90% or greater and use it like normal. Let me know what you new life is.
For testing purposes please use your tablet before you do the above steps and record the length of time and start and end battery usage. Then do the above steps and record them as well.
For here we will get a picture of what is running and what is not running, and then what additional steps we can take to stop battery drain issues and the fake connecting.
Please give me 24 hrs to respond. While I am helping you DO NOT change, remove, install or attempt to fix your device. Keeping with this theme please do NOT use other support sites for help as well or others on this site. I ask this because if I am troubleshooting your device, and you or someone else keeps changing things then it will never get fixed, we will be chasing our tails. If you do not want my assistance please let me know, if something changes please update me ASAP with the details and conditions.
If you have any questions about anything please ask, if you do not understand a step or what I am asking please ask BEFORE you do the step.