Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Load User Profile Failed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 460 Jetboat

460 Jetboat

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

When I came home this evening, my computer was bluescreened and frozen at "beginning dump of physical memory".

After about 15 minutes, I shut off power and rebooted, leading to the above error.  I have tried to do a system restore, but there are no longer restore points.

Not wanting to do further damage, I am on bended knee appealing for help......

Thanks,

Ken

Addendum:  C drive is completly full of corrupt files. Have run chkdsk, no change  

D drive also corrupt, (which was duplicate drive) most software missing, was 100% full also.  Defrag restored it to 36% full, but I'm afraid to do it to C drive without guidance.

Many files which are not backed up and important. 

Edited by 460 Jetboat, 26 February 2014 - 12:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

Try booting to a live linux cd and then backing up your files to a USB thumb drive.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

It is also possible that you have fallen victim to malware, this might explain why your drives are full of corrupted files.

Follow bludshot's advice and back up what you can to a memory stick or external drive but do NOT try to use any of these files on another computer without scanning it deeply for possible malware before you try to access these files. Malwarebytes would be a good starting point for this.

Then, if you still have problems with your computer - such as corrupted and inaccessible files - start a topic in the 'Am I infected' section of BC.

You can get Malwarebytes from here :  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users