Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I start recovery disk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

Re: Samsung 365E5C-SO5 Laptop.  Error OXc0000185. I have recovery disc. and it won't start. I can access Setup Utility.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kimbalee23

kimbalee23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Had the same problem. I had to go into Bios and make sure that CD/DVD drive was enabled as first boot choice. I opened Bios by pressing the delete key before the Windows logo came on the screen. May be different on your computer. Hope that helps.

KL23

#3 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for your reply. I am able to access the BIOS and I don't see anything that resembles the letters  CD/DVD. Here is how I can access the computer; : When I boot up, I get the screen titled RECOVERY whick tells me that my computer needs to be repaired and I need to get reinstall tools. On the bottom of the page are three options: Press enter to try again, Press F8 for Startup Settings and Press Esc for UEFI firmware setting. The first two take me to the Recovery screen again and the last one gets me into: Aptio Setup Utility. There are five tabs; Sys Info, Advanced, Security, Boot and Exit. I selected Boot and the only thing in there is something called PXE OPROM. It's the only thing that intimates to me to have anything to do with running the computer because it has the letter ROM in it. That particular entry is Disabled and I cannot Enable it. So, I went to the exit tab and I saw, listed under Boot Override; Windows Boot Manager. I clicked on to that and got the scene prior to the sign-in screen, which on this laptop shows the Space Needle, the time and the date. Next, I hit enter and I go to the sign-in screen and I sign in and voila! I get the start screen with the apps. That is how I can get in, but that is not right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users