Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File saving and opening

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ITguruwannabe

ITguruwannabe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

How do you save a file from a website and then open it offline?  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

If I properly understand you,there is such a program that saves all the content of any given site and makes it possible to view it later offline.

#3 ITguruwannabe

ITguruwannabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Yes, that's what I'm looking for! Do you know of the name of this program?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

If it's an application specific file you need the application installed to use it. Without knowing the type of file, I can only be generic. But you don't need software to download the file itself. You need the application that runs the file after it's downloaded though.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 ITguruwannabe

ITguruwannabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Ok, so say its a PDF what would be a good program to use?

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I personally use PDF-XChange Viewer

The FREE PDF viewer download of the PDF-XChange Viewer may be used without limitation for Private, Commercial, Government and all uses, provided it is not -: incorporated or distributed for profit/commercial gain with other software or media distribution of any type - without first gaining permission.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users