Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tour In Australia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

I play in the Colorado Springs Youth Symphony, and we're going on tour to Australia and New Zealand this June. We'll be playing at the Sydney Opera House on June 19, so come if you can. I heard it might be a concert for seniors and schoolchildren only, but I'm not sure. We'll be playing at some schools in the area during the days before and after the 19th, but I haven't seen the travel itinerary, so I don't know when or which ones. I'll post more details when I get them, if you want them.

Oh, and if you do get to see one of our concerts, I'm the tall guy in the percussion section :thumbsup:.

EDIT: Hey, iI'm tired, and I misspelled Sydney in the title. Can someone fix that please?

Mod Edit: Edited topic title. ;)

Edited by Scarlett, 13 May 2006 - 11:09 PM.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:13 AM

WOW!
What instrument do you play, Landscader? You should feel very proud that your orchestra was chosen to make this tour? Hopefully, some of our many Australian members can attend one of your concerts.

Student: "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"

Man on the street: "Practice, practice, practice."
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Lanscader

Lanscader
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

lol. Actually, the Youth Symphony went to Carnegie Hall last year, but I wasn't with them yet.

I play percussion, and my specialty is Timpani. I'll be playing that, plus snare drum, bass drum, cymbals, and some other small auxillary stuff.

I found out that the audience of that concert will consist mostly of K-12 students from schools in the Greater Sydney area, and several senior groups, and it starts at 11:30am. To me, that makes it seem like there may be a limited number of seats for the general public, too. It's part of the Sydney Youth Musicale, so there will be other groups performing as well.

On the 18th, we perform at the Bankstown Town Hall Auditorium, and on the 20th, we perform at The Kings School.

#4 Lanscader

Lanscader
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:00 AM

Well, as I'm leaving in 3 days, I'll go ahead and say farewell now, bump the topic, and post details on the Opera House concert:

:inlove: Farewell! I'll be gone until the 23rd, and won't have much computer time when I'm in Australia.

:thumbsup: *bump*

:flowers:

June 19:

DOORS OPEN
11:10 AM

CONCERT
11:30 AM - 11:35 AM - INTRODUCTION
11:35 AM - 12:15 PM - COLORADO SPRINGS YOUTH SYMPHONY
12:15 PM - 12:35 PM - INTERMISSION
12:35 PM - 1:10 PM - HONOLULU COMMUNITY CONCERT BAND
1:20 PM - 1:45 PM - BAYFIELD HIGH SCHOOL JAZZ & STAGE BAND

Not sure how much tickets cost. Sorry.

We'll be playing Aaron Copland's Hoe Down, Huapango, March Slav, and the Russian Easter Overture.

:trumpet: The other music we'll play on the tour at certain times includes Advance Australia Fair, Waltzing Matilda, the last 3 movements of Rachmaninof's 2nd symphony, Gallop from The Comedians (everyone's blindfolded for that one), Pirates of the Caribbean, Max Bruch's "Fantasie" Violin Concerto, America the Beautiful, Greensleaves, Orange Blosom Special, and a percussion feature that we made up for the tour. (Sorry if I butchered any spellings...)

Edited by Lanscader, 04 June 2006 - 08:38 PM.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

Have fun!

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:28 AM

Have a great time, and keep those timpani in tune. Too bad the orchestra is not doing Fanfare for the Common Man so you could really thump away on the timpani.

What does a bullet and Landscader wearing a hat while he plays have in common? They both have percussion caps!

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,734 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

Congratulations, good luck, and have fun. Australia has always been my dream vacation - maybe someday I too will get to go......
Derfram
~~~~~~

#8 Lanscader

Lanscader
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

Hmm...I guess I should say that I'm back. I got back the 25th. If you want to read more about the tour, check out my LJ (lanscader.livejournal.com). Stuff will trickle in over the next few weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users