Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer restarted and wants to reinstall windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 prbimaniac

prbimaniac

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Long story. My work computer crashed recently and just got it back today. I updated my main quoting tool which is 2020 worksheet and the computer after the update said I had to restart my laptop. I closed all of my programs on the laptop and the. Restarted the computer. Instead of opening the regular welcome screen in which I would normally log into, it took me to a screen in which to select a language setting for a windows 7 installation. I had used the laptop previously to this for several hours but trying to close the screen causesd my computer to restart and brought me back to the same screen. Any ideas? Why would it do this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

Can you get into safe mode?  Also post make & model it helps the guys.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

Make sure there's not a disk in the dvd tray. They could of mistakenly left the windows media dvd in the tray

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Sounds like you need to call the IT rep at work.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users