Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - custom built PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 supawiz6991

supawiz6991

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hello,

I've gotten a BSOD several times:

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Stop code is: 0x00000050

It flagged usbaudio.sys

Full System Specs: See Attached Txt file (I tried to use Speccy's web publish but their server seems to be down). Note: My computer is custom built (built in 2009).

Additionally I used BlueScreenView and despite the BSOD flagging usbaudio.sys, the report from bluescreenview flagged the following in the past three dmp files:

1. dmp from today flagged ntoskrnl.exe

2. dmp from 2/22/14 at 3:41pm flagged nothing

3.  dmp from 2/22/14 at 3:26pm flagged ntoskrnl.exe and nvlddmkm.sys

4. dmp from 2/22/14 at 1:39am flagged ntoskrnl.exe and nvlddmkm.sys

I'm confused here as the BSOD screen reports one thing at fault while these dmp's flag another.

Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hi

Since "Nvidia" video driver seems to be appeared on more than one dumps, please update our graphics card driver as well as any USB audio device driver. If the BSOD continues, please "7-zip" and attach most recent crash dumps with next reply.

#3 supawiz6991

supawiz6991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

All Drivers are currently up-to-date. When updating NVidia Drivers I always do a clean Installation.

Here is the BSOD Screen I get which flags usbaudio.sys (I get this same one everytime)

Attached is the most recent crash dmps that seem to flag the nvidia driver.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#4 BKSeoul

BKSeoul

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

Are you running a stand alone nvidia graphics card?  If so, is it from your original build in 2009?

#5 supawiz6991

supawiz6991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Yes its a NVidia GeForce GT 630. The original card I had in there at the time of build was a N9500GT-MD1G/D2 which started to fail so I replaced it about a year ago.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

Hi

Your BSOD issue seems to be definitely related to audio. All the crashes which blames "Nvidia" are caused by "Driver Verifier". Please follow the below steps and let me know the result.

:step1: Disable "Driver verifier".

1. Open an elevated "Command Prompt" by following instructions from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/

2. Enter  verifier /reset in it and reboot the system.

3. Enter verifier /query to make sure no drivers are actively verified.

:step2: Uninstall "Gigabyte On/Off Charge" utility ( "Control Panel --> Programs"). 

:step3: Update USB 3.0 driver.

First uninstall currently installed version of "NEC USB 3.0" driver and reboot the machine. Ten download and install latest driver from the below link.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_usb3.exe

:step4: Update Audio driver.

First uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio from "Control Panel --> Programs" and restart the machine. Then get the latest version from the below link.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

What you need to download is the 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1 Driver only (Executable file)

:step5: Install "Hotfix".

Please download and install this "Hotfix" by Microsoft - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981013

If you receive an error message stating  "This Hotfix is no applicable to your system" , you don't need to install this.

Let me know your findings with next reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users