Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SSD's some hate sleep!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,401 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

My SSD threw me a curve, I rarely let my machine sleep it is either off or on.  Last night I ran down to supper and just left it on, it was set to sleep after 30 min.  I came up after dinner wiggled the mouse and blue screened it.  I searched the net and found out some SSD's have an issue with sleep, in thinking about it is no need for the drives to sleep NO moving parts.  So if you have yours set to sleep you may get a blue screen along the way, my SSD is a little over a year old Intel 120 SC2CT120A3 I believe new ones may not have the issue.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users