Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Google.com or Yahoo.com as my homepage in IE will not work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billb1970

billb1970

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

I was using Junk Removal Tool JRT to fix a problem with malwarebytes. Malwarebytes wouldn't finish full scan and Junk Removal Tool was one of the scans that help mean fix the problem. Before

Junk Removal Tool finished he gave me a list of things to uncheck. I didn't think I had to uncheck the things for Internet Explorer. After the scan was finished I checked out Internet Explorer. I could not use google.com or yahoo.com for my homepage. If I use either one for my homepage I cannot connect any website. There were a few entries in the scan for Internet Explorer. Can I add the search scope entries back into the registry. The log file for Junk Removal Tool is enclosed below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.1.2 (02.20.2014:1)
Ran by Bill Bashor on Sun 02/23/2014 at 17:25:48.25

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\softonic
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\search settings
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\SoftonicDownloader_for_pdf995_RASAPI32
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\SoftonicDownloader_for_pdf995_RASMANCS
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\SoftonicDownloader_for_pdf995_RASAPI32
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\SoftonicDownloader_for_pdf995_RASMANCS
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{05179CAB-599A-48E2-90D4-AC3486332E53}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{05179CAB-599A-48E2-90D4-AC3486332E53}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{B7FCA997-D0FB-4FE0-8AFD-255E89CF9671}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{B7FCA997-D0FB-4FE0-8AFD-255E89CF9671}

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\trymedia"

~~~ FireFox

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\Bill Bashor\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\ukzsk9xk.default\user.js
Emptied folder: C:\Users\Bill Bashor\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\ukzsk9xk.default\minidumps [74 files]

~~~ Chrome

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\hbcennhacfaagdopikcegfcobcadeocj
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\icdlfehblmklkikfigmjhbmmpmkmpooj
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\pfndaklgolladniicklehhancnlgocpp
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\mhkaekfpcppmmioggniknbnbdbcigpkk

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Sun 02/23/2014 at 17:52:33.66
End of JRT log

I have spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to fix this problem. Please help me.

Confused

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 February 2014 - 04:43 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and copy and paste  the result.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Please Download Emisoft Emergency Kit from here.
https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/
Save the file to your desktop.
Right click and run as administrator. (xp users double click)
Click Accept and Extract.
This file will appear on the desktop.

I7zpP8t.png
Right click it, select run as administrator. (xp users double click)
Select Emergency Kit Scanner.
rxYDlQ1.png
A pop up requesting an update will appear, select yes.
dQaKPnk.png
After the update select this option in the picture below.
ExN4ZjP.png
Now select Quarantine Detected Objects.
g5ojhHp.png
When the update has finshed, go to scan pc ,select deep scan.
5IOAvyw.png
This scan will take a long time this is normal, as it scans your entire hard drive.
Click on view report, save report to your desktop copy and paste here in your next reply.

#3 billb1970

billb1970
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

I found the solution. Open up Internet Explorer, click on Internet Options, go to Advanced, click on Restore Advanced Settings and click on Restore in that order. When clicking the Restore just click on Restore. Nothing else. When you have finished, you will have to restart your computer for the settings to take. Everything works fine.  :thumbup2:

Edited by billb1970, 24 February 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Ok, thanks for letting us know,  have a good day. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users