Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Processor Do I Have?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 reddrose

reddrose

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:18 PM

Hi!

I am looking into buying Photoshop CS2, and in the system requirements, it says a Intel® Xeon™, Xeon Dual, Intel Centrino™, or Pentium® III or 4 processor is needed. Forgive me for such a newbieish question, but: how do I know if I have this or the equivalent? I did look in my computer's properties, and it says:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
1.53 GHz, 768 MB of RAM

Athlon is a brand/type name, right? Soooo....am I barking up the wrong tree? Is the answer staring me in the face?

I like to think I'm software knowledgable, but hardware completely eludes me. :thumbsup: Please educate me! :flowers:

(While I'm at it, these were the other requirements of PS CS2:
Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 4, or Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or 2
320MB of RAM (384MB recommended)
650MB of available hard-disk space
(I have 17GB available)
1,024x768 monitor resolution with 16-bit video card
CD-ROM drive
)

(Ps: Please forgive me if I put this in the wrong area- this was my best guess...)

Edited by reddrose, 13 May 2006 - 06:19 PM.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vxdesigns

vxdesigns

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:25 PM

"Intel® Xeon™, Xeon Dual, Intel Centrino™, or Pentium® III or 4 processor" this means that your computer should be atleast this performance level or higher and considering you have an AMD 1.5 GHz with more then enouph RAM your machine should handle it easily.

#3 reddrose

reddrose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:05 PM

Thank you very much!
Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.

#4 vxdesigns

vxdesigns

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:29 PM

No problem, anytime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users