Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows or Google?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 MissMercury

MissMercury

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hi,I recently signed up for Google Voice,but evertytime I try to download the plug in I need to make calls from PC I get an "error 1622" message. I've tried every possible solution I found on the intenet and still nothing works. I was told it was possibly a problem Silverlight so uninstalled and reinstalled it,didn't work.
I'm using Mozilla Firefox,but I tried downloading the plug in in IE and Google Chrome as well. After looking at both Microsoft and Google websites each says its mopst likely a problem with the other.
I also have a lot of problems trying to play videos on line,in youtube,etc. Its choppy play and I constantly get a message saying "script has stopped running" . I dont if this all may be a result of the same problem. Everything is up to date,my browsers,Adobe, my plug ins,etc. I've been working on this and the video play issues for days now and am getting quite frustrated. Any help would be appreciate. 
I've enclosed a screenshot of my system information,not sure if its pertinent,but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

G'day Miss Mercury, and Welcome to BC !!

Have a read here..

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-winapps/error-the-installer-encountered-an-error-1622-when/309bdc30-f6e5-48cc-9c25-7f33b9f11860

try the suggestions. Nothing to lose and hopefully everything to gain.

Establish a new Restore point before you start, or at least be sure that you have restore points that you can fall back on

I am also giving some weight to the idea that you may be infected

What AV are you using?

Does your browser ever go to an unasked for address ?

Any other unusual behavior ?

Edited by Condobloke, 24 February 2014 - 03:49 AM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 MissMercury

MissMercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

Thanks! Ill make a restore point and try it out.
I've been thinking that myself,unfortunately. I did have Webstroids,which Im fairly certain I got rid of. I've been cleaning up a lot of stuff as I've been trying different things to sort this out.
I'm using Avast. No,its never done that or really given much of any trouble other than this issue and the problems with playing videos.

#4 MissMercury

MissMercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

It says "Thread not found" on the link. The irony is not lost on me LOL!

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

oops....give me a few minutes

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-winapps/error-the-installer-encountered-an-error-1622-when/309bdc30-f6e5-48cc-9c25-7f33b9f11860

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

how recent was the 'websteroids' encounter.......and what steps did you take to get rid of it.?

Finish what you are doing first.....there is no rush.....I am "down under" and need some sleep....so i will pick up on your answers in approx 9 hours

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 MissMercury

MissMercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

Thank you,Sir! I kind of feel like a jerk as I probably could have found that myself,but I swear I googled the problem using every combination of words I could think of, and still kept getting the same pages.

#9 MissMercury

MissMercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

The Webstroids thing had been on my PC for about a month. I finally just found a program last night called REvo uninstallerused that and super spysweeper and it *seems* to have gotten rid of it and all its associated files.
Thank you for your time, Ill be back tomorrow to let you know hoe it goes :)

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

Do you mean SUPERAntiSpyware ?

GcnI1aH.jpg

#11 MissMercury

MissMercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

My mistake,yes thats what it is. I tried malware bytes but it did nothing.

#12 MissMercury

MissMercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

OK,so I ran my PC in clean boot and it seemed like it was working,it started downloading (which it wouldnt eve get that far before) but right as it got to 99% complete,I got the error message agin. So Im thinking Im infected with something,maybe?

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

FWIW:  Error 1622 .

Louis

#14 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

Credit : https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/3iTHhnMTp1Y

MissMercury, This may also be worth a try....before we go looking for malware etc....

I don't know whether Firefox has anything to do with it, but an easy test would be to try it with MS IE.  If it still fails, your plugin installation has been corrupted somehow.  It's fairly easy to fix; just uninstall and re-install the plugin.

Try this (you may want to print this out, since you need to close your web browser to do it):   Close all your web browser(s).

Go to Windows Control Panel, Programs and Features, where you will find a list of installed programs.  Look for, and then click to un-install, the "Google Talk Plugin" entry.

uninstall+plugin.JPG

If you get an error message, or otherwise can't uninstall it this way, go here, to download and run Microsoft's automated "fix it" tool:

Now, go here, to download and install the latest version of the browser plugin.  Don't be concerned that the plugin has been renamed to the "Hangouts" plugin.  It supports Hangouts, (formerly Talk) and Chat, and calling from Gmail: 

Log into your Gmail (not GV) account, and click the gear icon to get to Gmail settings.  Click the Chat tab.  Enable Chat, and then select, configure and test your audio devices (headset, or microphone and speakers).

Chat+Settings.JPG

Now, you should have the ability to click the tiny telephone handset icon next to your "avatar", or image representing your user ID, to make a call, either via the old chat, or new hangouts method.

Gmail+chat+button.JPG or

Hangouts+in+Gmail.JPG

If you want to continue using the CALL button from Google Voice to make calls from your computer, then (as of today, 11/1/2013, subject to change), if/when you are invited by Google to "Try the new Hangouts", do not agree -- this breaks telephone calling from GV or Google Contacts.

Enjoy making calls from Gmail.

Edited by Condobloke, 24 February 2014 - 07:09 PM.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#15 MissMercury

MissMercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

Still nothing. It says its downloading then when it gets to 99% I get the error message. Its not even showing up on my programs list. I am a loss with this one. My G mail doesnt have the option to verify my settings in video and chat. Im running Microsoft malware removal program right now,see if that finds anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users