Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice for non-color printing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 markcy

markcy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'm familiar with what I need to create my materials, it's all text and balck/white photos.

For my need the quality of a photo fine (manuals, manuscript prep for publisher instruction, etc) from printer I'd been using for years. Photos high resolution scanned in grayscale inserted in appropriate text area of a document, then adjust text length and photo size to print area dimension parameters.

Working with my prior scanner (a Brother 2070) all fine as needed except I hit a project needing 2 sided printing (required)

So yesterday bought a new Brother HL-5470DW and assumed I could print out this 800 pages project as I always had, just both sides.

wrong

Trying both the text and graphics setting options, at lowest setting (300), and lowest density all images are so dark it's worthless. Far as I can tell it's printing in black and white, rather than grayscale, and found no option to chose.

Is their a software band-aid or do I have to return this and get something else??? And if so anyone recommend a specific model ?? Have a 1 page sample but don't see ability to upload images from my drive.

Can't believe how lousy all looks compared to the dinosaur I had.

Help !!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I get the sense that you are confused about "black and white" photography and a black and white printer meant for text only. Even if a photo is black and white, it still needs to be printed using a standard color photo printer in order to look anything like the original. black and white, as it refers to photography, is really a misnomer, as the different shades of black, white, and gray add up to an image as complex and subtle as one of its colored counterparts.

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users