Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video and Audio not working properly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rintone

Rintone

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

My laptop is a Windows 7 home premium

64 bit     2gb of RAM

91,7 gb free over 136

I'm having issues playing both audio from Youtube videos, i have to restart to make the audio work after that the video plays with no problems, and Tumblr audio posts, laptop freezes at regular intervals while playing the audio. I have really no idea why this is happening, i use Chrome and loading pages, gif and such isn't a problem, it's actually pretty fast.

Can someone help me get this fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Can you give us the make and model of the laptop?

Or atleast could you give us a speccy snapshot?

Kinda hard to help you if we don't know what we are working on.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

You have audio/video problems...only when on the Internet?  No problem playing video files from the system?

Louis

#4 Rintone

Rintone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Can you give us the make and model of the laptop?

Or atleast could you give us a speccy snapshot?

Kinda hard to help you if we don't know what we are working on.

You have audio/video problems...only when on the Internet?  No problem playing video files from the system?

Louis

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/BCjERG4nYbd4twqARxGKp7E

Playing videos from the system seems to work just fine, no slow downs, it doesn't freeze and audio and video are synchronized.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

I would try a different browser...or reset Chrome to default settings and remove unnecessary browser add-ons.

Louis

#6 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

When playing a video or audio file from a browser....right click your sound icon and click "open volume mixer". Then look for the file being played and move the slider up to the sound volume desired.

Edited by bassfisher6522, 24 February 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#7 Rintone

Rintone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

When playing a video or audio file from a browser....right click your sound icon and click "open volume mixer". Then look for the file being played and move the slider up to the sound volume desired.

Yeah, i think i was worrying too much about Youtube, just tried playing a video and both audio and video work just fine. Tumblr audio posts remain a problem but i guess that may be caused by the browser i'm using? I'll try another browser just to be sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users