Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Earphones will not work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MattthewB

MattthewB

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

Got a new laptop for Christmas, it's perfect, except for one thing, I can't seem to get any earphones/headphones to work with it. I have tried the earphones in other devices and they work fine, and I've tried different earphones with no luck. 

The sound works normally through the speakers but then I try using earphones and there's no sound through them. Although they are detected as "Communication Headphones" and as the "Default Communications Device". I can't seem to get them to work at all, with any programme (Skype, VLC, Youtube etc.)

All drivers are up to date and I have removed them and reinstalled them numerous times with no luck.

I am running Windows 8.1

HP Envy m6-1302sa

AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon HD Graphics

4GB Ram

64-bit

Beats Audio, AMD High Definition Audio Device, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Let me know if any more information is needed

Thanks

Sorry, maybe this should be in the Audio/Video thread?

Edited by MattthewB, 23 February 2014 - 11:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pwf119

pwf119

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

I had a similar issue with a windows 7 laptop.  I had to go into [control panel]-->[hardware and sound]-->[sound] .  From there I noticed in the playback tab that I had 2 choices of speakers, front or rear.  I had to make the front speakers the default playback and that made the headphones work.

#3 MattthewB

MattthewB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Thanks but I've had no luck with this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users