Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista does not recognize my camera....so no pix are sent to my computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kagel57106

kagel57106

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

My camera is on.... batteries good...plugged into usb port via cable.....How do I send my camera photos to computer....Windows Photo Gallery...Please annd thank you

Edit: Moved topic from Windows Vista to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

What is the make and model of the camera?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-pictures-camera-computer#1TC=windows-7

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 kagel57106

kagel57106
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Kodak Easy Share ...C643...Vista Operating system.

#5 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Can you confirm that you have installed the Kodak Easyshare software on your computer?

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

According to the specs for your camera, if I am reading them correctly, it uses a SD card for image storage.

The simplest way to get images from the card into the computer is to remove the card from the camera and plug it into the computer, either directly using the SD card slot fitted on a lot of laptops and some desktops, or by means of a USB connected card reader into which you plug the card.

I am getting into slightly murky waters here, because I have never used Vista. I know XP did not natively support SD cards over, I think, 4Gb capacity but there was an add-on from MS. And I know that Win 7 fully supports SD cards, so I suspect that Vista does as well.

Once you have placed your SD card in the computer slot, or in the card reader and connected the USB cable, the only software you need is Windows Explorer. Card readers, if you need one, are cheap and readily available. The image below is of the one I use regularly, bought from my local supermarket for £UK 6 ($US 10 ?). The computer merely sees it as just another drive, exactly the same way it treats a memory stick.

We have here three different Canons and a Nikon DSLR, and the software for all of them is . . . not very good (politeness is encouraged on BC !)

http://imageshack.com/a/img163/1504/6xop.jpg

Chris Cosgrove

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

This camera came with a CD to install the firmware.

If you no longer have the CD, you can download the firmware at Kodak.

Once you have the software installed you can transfer the pictures with the use of a USB data cable.

You can find the instruction here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 unionrdr

unionrdr

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

My vista system is supposed to recognize my camera plugged into USB port as an external drive,but dosen't. So I plug the SD card into one of my many printer ports & use the printer/fax/copier/photo printer's software to manage pictures.

Edited by unionrdr, 04 March 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Where are you looking for the camera, in Computer?

Do you have the Kodak Easy Share firmware installed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users