Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Encryption Solution

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stantech

stantech

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

I am looking for an email encryption solution for a small business who wants to send out secure emails to his clients.  Ideally a program that would encrypt the email and allow the user to provide a key to recipients to decrypt the email without installing  the program.  However, online programs can be considered if not to intrusive to recipients.  I am doing my research but would appreciate the feedback of experienced users. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 larryhyman

larryhyman

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

you might want to try this:

http://www.comodo.com/home/email-security/free-email-certificate.php

#3 stantech

stantech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Thanks, I will give it a try.  Have you been using this in a similar manner?  Do you have any recommendations for set up and/or options?

#4 larryhyman

larryhyman

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

yes, I use it, be sure to create an account in the support forums at comodo, as they do not give phone support (anymore) for free products. Yes, their support is great. The can help you install the cert. in your email programs and browsers and on multiple computers. They have really helped me a lot. 

PS: The only reason that I got one, was not because I wanted to encrypt email attachments, but because I wanted to protect my identity as there were a few other people macerating as me with the same name and I want to prove that I was who I was, so I started telling people that if the email from me was not digitally signed, then it was not from me but from someone else pretending to be me.

How did I hear about his? form this link (From Outlook 2010):

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/providers/digital-id-HA001050484.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users