Hello stoney -
If the program is not listed in Add/Remove or Programs and Features, and there is no uninstaller in the program's folder, the next place to check is your browser extensions and add-ons/plug-ins.
Note that the infection may also be called Browser2Save or a similar name.
This is an add-on that is installed with another program that has been recently installed.
Make sure that you reset your Browser Home page back to the correct version.
Try the methods above first and then try these removal programs.
Download all tools to desktop to run them and Copy and Paste all logs produced -
Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Please download RKill by Grinler to your desktop to run it
Double click the icon to run it..
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
Please post the log back here.
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM)
- Note, do not accept the Free Pro Trial Version at this time -
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.
Be sure to reboot the computer if required after you post the log.
The latest version of the program now scans archive files which were previously not scanned.
Please scan your computer with ESET Online Scanner
This is best performed with Internet Explorer as it uses ActiveX
1 Open Internet Explorer and hold down Control and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
4 Click the Start button.
5 Accept any security warnings from your browser.
6 Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
7 Click Advanced settings and select the following:
* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology
8 ESET will then download itself, update install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
9 Please be patient as this will take some time (NOTE: First time scans are always longer).
10 When the scan completes, click List Threats
11 NOTE :Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12 NOTE : Click the Back button and then Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
* If you lose the log it can be found at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
* If no infections are found then just tell me -
Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
* Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
* Double-click on the TFC icon.
* Vista / Windows 7 & 8 users Right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator
* When the program opens, click on the Start button.
* TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
* When done, press OK and reboot your computer to finish the cleanup.