Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp mini wont connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Laceyhedgepeth

Laceyhedgepeth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

ok i just got this hp mini, it has been working fine but then our old router stopped working so we got a new one but now my hp mini says its connected but the network is unidentified or when it does saythe name it doesnt allow me ineternet access why is that ive tried everything i can think of to fix it..right now it says its the default gateway but i had internet access once on this new router but now i dont whats going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 larryhyman

larryhyman

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

HP mini only supports B and G but not N (I know I have one) are you using Win 7 or XP? Anyways, try this, remove all your wireless networks (advance wireless settings on XP or network and sharing center on win 7 or 8) then do a new scan and retry to connect to the new found router (if you can't connect) please verify the wireless setting in the router, please make sure the Network name is correct, you have the right wireless key, and that you router supports B and G, you may have to connect a Ethernet wire between the pc and the router and access the router by the gateway ip address to verify these settings.... If you don't know how to check this, then please ask

if this is not the case, you might be connecting to an open wireless network that might be far away and is appearing as unidentified

please verify all this and let me know

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users