Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer shut down

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gosh! I am no geek!

Gosh! I am no geek!

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Hi:

I Ma getting this message and computer suts down automatically, not this computer but the other one and also has come up with error:

"dcom server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly windows xp. The system is shutting down. Please save all work in process and log off (which it does not allow me to do). Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shut down was initiated by NT Authority DCOM server proces launcer service terminated unexpectedly."

My computer then shuts down.  It happens about every twenty minutes.  Thanks in advance for your help.  I really appreciate it.

when I turn it on this appears first:

svcHost.exe error

I ahve no clue and I need some sincere help. Can anyone help?

Thanx

No Geek!

Edited by hamluis, 22 February 2014 - 06:24 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windummy

windummy

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

@ no geek:

Welcome to the BC Forum site! The first thing I recommend that you do is edit your BC profile and show us your pc system information specs. Your Svchost error issue tells me that you are an XP user. Here is one way to access your XP system information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yC2JhGkmtw

Another way to access your Sysinfo is to simply right click your primary (C:) drive icon within MY COMPUTER. A grey drop down box will appear. At bottom >click properties and the blue/ pink pie box for Disk Clean up will appear. Look in the LEFT pane window outside this box where it says SYSTEM TASKS at top of your screen.

Just below that is System Information. Click that and your pc specs will appear. Copy pertinent info from that into your BC Profile for us.

Getting back to your Svchost error, that is a registry issue within your pc. I'm not qualified, as a BC member, to even begin showing you how to go into your registry to fix that. However, just be patient and one of our top qualified tech people will get to you shortly and advise you safely and correctly.

In the meantime, please update your BC Profile and supply the specs to your current pc running XP. It will make the next person's job trying to help you easier.

Good luck!

Re,

/MH~

Edited by windummy, 23 February 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#3 Gosh! I am no geek!

Gosh! I am no geek!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hi Martin:

Thanks for responding so quickly! I appreciate it. My system is pretty slow...Iyogi guys suggestion did not work...your info was on the dot, before even it opened that Sys info window, System Shutdown pane opened up and computer gets shut down...that shutdown pane has this on it, "dcom server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly windows xp. The system is shutting down. Please save all work in process and log off (which it does not allow me to do). Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT Authority DCOM server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly."

​It keeps on shutting down before I get to execute any action...so what am I to do? 

Looking forward to your response or any tech savvy member's response..

Thnaks

No Geek!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users