Turns out the issue was due to the AV Program, after all. It seems it had attempted to remove/block a connection, but didn't do it properly. The connection would not appear in the list of blocked connection, however, an activity log displayed such an attempt. After removing the AV program, Chrome returned back to normal. My AV Program is not re-installed and all is well. Not sure if I should delete this post or leave it be for those who may face the same issue. I'll let the mods make that decision. Otherwise, thanks ya'll!
Dear BC Forums,
Just today, my Google Chrome decided it no longer wanted to access Google.com
This includes all Google related sites and services, including the "Sign In" used to login into my Google Account.
Google works fine on my other two browsers (FF and IE)
I do work as a PC Technician, so I exercised my knowledge as well as I could to fix the issue, but to no avail.
Things I have tried:
- Clearing Browsing Data/Temp & Resetting Settings for Chrome
- Accessing Google via IP (They all work, but can't access via domain name)
- Un-installing Chrome and re-install (I have used Revo Pro, but no change)
- Manual Removal of all Chrome related entries
- Dis-Abling AV Protection and Firewall (I use ESET Smart Security 5. No Chrome related blocking present)
- Clearing Windows temp files and Internet Options Reset (No Proxies, either)
- Malware Scans Done (All came back with nothing): Malwarebytes, RKill, HitmanPro, RougeKiller, AdwCleaner, JRT (Just in case), TDSS Killer (Kaspersky), and finally Mbar's Anti-Rootkit tool. I also used my AV (Eset)
- Checked my Host file to make sure all is where it should be. No issues there.
- Tried flushing DNS. Pinging Google shows no issues, but again, this issue is only related to Chrome (FF and IE work fine)
- Set DNS Settings to the following (None Resolved the Issue)
Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Preferrred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
I am kinda running out of ideas here, so I'm hoping I could get some help from the brilliant minds here at BC. On a side note, this issue did occur after a regular clean-up using CCleaner. I am not sure if that could have messed anything up. Never had this issue occur in the past, but something could have just gone haywire. Unfortunately, I don't have any past restore points set, so that's not an option :/
Thanks guys, much appreciated!
UPDATE: I installed an older version of Chrome and the issue doesn't seem to occur in the older version. The older version that I have, however, doesn't seem to want to update. I believe it is due to it being saved to a different location (not all files are being registered in Program Files and AppData like the new version is.) Still trying to figure this one out, but I thought I'd throw that in there.
Edited by TheCrazySwede, 22 February 2014 - 05:48 PM.