Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Install Program From Cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sarahimpossible

sarahimpossible

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:46 PM

hi-
I am having a problem installing programs from CDs. My computer recognizes that the CD is there, but when I hit the install button, something pops up. it is titled 16 bit Windows Subsystem, and says
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The systen file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application." If i choose close, it closes, and if I choose ignore, it closes.
If anyone could help me, that would be great! Thank you so much!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:56 PM

Hello sarahimpossible and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
There is an article here that may help you with your problem.
Hope this helps,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 sarahimpossible

sarahimpossible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

thank you so much for the article. I had trouble with two parts of it--- when I was in the cmd, and entered the commands, it said they did not exist. after making the notepad entries, i could not find the system32 folder to put them into.
Sorry for the trouble...i am horrible with computers...If anyone could help....

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

The SYSTEM32 folder should be in-
C:\WINDOWS\
If you cannot find it, click on Start -> Search. Then click on All files and folders and type SYSTEM32 into the search box. Look in Local Disk C.
This should help you to find it.
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users