Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8x (8.1) Recovery - HELP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dasii99

dasii99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

My son has a MSI GT70 (purchased in mid 2012)

CPU i7-3630QM

VGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M / 4GB GDDR5

RAM DDRIII 16GB (4GB*4)

HDD  750GB 7200RPM+256G SSD(SUPER RAID)

Came with Windows 8 on the computer and my son has already updating to Windows 8.1 via MSI.

Situation:

System will not boot, blue screen...in short "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"

My understanding of the above is this one of the following 3 things:

A) Faulty memory (RAM) - I have ALREADY done this: remove your RAM sticks and leave only one in, testing which stick won’t let your system boot. If none of them are the source of the problem, it’s not a RAM issue

B) Faulty hard drive - ALREADY was able to perform Hard Drive DIAG / CHKDSK /F, etc thru various 3rd party bootable CD tools.  Not the HARD DRIVE.

C) Program that’s damaged your registry.

So I need to perform the following - But I NOT NOT HAVE WINDOW 8 CD and I CAN NOT BOOT THE LAPTOP, so I can NOT perform the following:

1) try Windows use Startup Repair to fix your problem or boot from a Last Known Good Configuration.

OR

So where can I get a Windows 8 (8.1) Recovery DISK (Download ISO) to create a bootable USB/CD (I also do not have the product Key handy and MSI is closed onver the weekend).   If is this is not possible thru Microsoft, what FREE 3rd party (CD BOOTABLE) tools can I use rebuild the MBR / PBR for Windows 8.x environment???

I already have: hiren's bootcd 15.2 without stuff like BOOTICE, but it is a older version and I am not sure it has the options for Windows 8 (MBR/PBR)...now I am not that familiar with Windows 8 recovery tools, so I think I need a version of BOOOTICE that contains BOOTMGR for PBR???? Not sure. 

Anyway, I have already downloaded a version of BOOTICE that says it is for Windows 8, but I do I create a bootable CD with the new BOOTICE on it???  OR ANY OTHER WINDOWS 8 RECOVERY TOOLS WOULD BE GREAT )))

Also the MSI laptop, looks like that windows is loaded on the SSD 256B and there is a recover partition, etc. I am not familiar with this setup and do not want to make things worse )))).

PS - I do know that I think that I am on the correct path, but any clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

dasii99

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users