Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

YouTube videos won't work anymore for me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 theonering

theonering

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

I've tried to play youtube videos using both Firefox and IE but they've stopped working for youtube only.  No one else in my household has this issue so I tend to believe it's isolated to my machine.  I'm running Javascript and have the latest version of it and of Flash (Shockwave flash for Firefox?).  I couldn't say exactly when it stopped working or what I may have loaded, etc. to cause it because I don't watch it very often.  I did make sure the settings allow content to be cached on my computer during playback.  I am able to view other flash and html5 videos from other websites, just not from youtube.

Here's what happens:

Once in a while, after a reboot, it will play one video for me just fine but no more.  Normally, however, it does one of two things:  either it shows a snowy display and tells me to try again later (which NEVER works) or it starts to load and about 1 cm of the video loads (red line on progress) but that's all and nothing else.  If I position the cursor over the length of the progress line, I can see pictures of what the video would display at that point if it were playing but the main screen is always black.  On the rare occasion, I will get sound but the screen is always black.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 theonering

theonering
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

No thoughts from anyone?

#3 Lorenzilipe

Lorenzilipe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

I have exactly the same problem. Youtube videos won't load on all of my web browsers. If they load, they don't have any sound and stop every 10 seconds. If I discover any way to fix this, I will be sure to mention it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users