Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows xp cant start, even in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 neskich

neskich

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Anyone got same problem ? 

How to fix?

Every option which I enter it just restart comp. and thats all.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

WHat kind of hard drive is in the machine, and what has changed since it last booted?

#3 neskich

neskich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

WHat kind of hard drive is in the machine, and what has changed since it last booted?

I dont know really what hard drive but computer is very old. I had black screen before and windows start normally but now i cant start it.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

FInd out the brand of the hard drive or the model number usually via the BIOS.

What kind of computer?

#5 neskich

neskich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

FInd out the brand of the hard drive or the model number usually via the BIOS.

What kind of computer?

Cant enter bios too.

Desktop computer? regular PC 

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Is it an HP, Dell, Gateway, or Acer?

#7 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

What happens when you try to enter bios? Because I'm wondering if you can't enter the bios or you just don't know how? Entering the bios is a step that you can do *before* you get that blue screen. When the computer turns on it should say something like "Press DEL to enter setup". If you can get in there and look around, you should be able to see the hard drive model number.  You could also just take the side off the computer and look in and see what the sticker on the drive says (western digital, seagate, etc).

I just had a similar problem, and it turned out my hard drive had bad sectors. Depending on what your drive is, you can try something to repair them. However, doing that could make you lose (more?) data on the disk. This blue screen could possibly mean that your hard drive is failing.

So regardless of which brand of hard drive it is, I think the first thing you should do is boot to a live linux cd, and back up any files you want to save to a usb thumb drive.

Then use your XP cd to get to recovery console and do chkdsk /r   And see if that fixes it.

#8 jmark235

jmark235

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

The problem indicated by the error codes is that the system can't access the boot volume or that there is a file corruption problem with the Windows software.

Here is a Microsoft description of the problem

Here is a trouble shooting post

To recover your data, there are a few options which include;

1) If you have a Windows install disk such as comes with most new PC's which supports the recovery console option you can boot from this disk and possibly fix the problem.

2) Make a bootable CD. If the old drive isn't toast then you should be able to access your data if the bootable CD has drivers for the USB port.

3) Remove the drive and plut it into to another PC in which case the drive will act as a data disk rather than a boot disk so you should be able to copy your data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users