Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
- Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
- Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.
Please download Farbar Service Scanner
(FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center/Action Center
- Windows Update
- Windows Defender
- Other Services
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
- Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Please download MiniToolBox
and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
and post the result.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/
to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe
and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
, then click Finish
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan
, then click Scan
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results
to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here
Be sure to restart the computer.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
to your Desktop.
- Unzip downloaded file.
- Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
- DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.
- When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt
Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
to your desktop
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe
(renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- Do not reboot until instructed.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If normal mode
still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode
When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill
Post it in your next reply.
log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets. Do NOT use spoilers.