Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with bridging network connections. Having tons of trouble.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 K1ngYosh11

K1ngYosh11

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

I'm running Windows XP 32-bit.

I am attempting to bridge my wireless network connection with my LAN connection. I have my laptop receiving internet from a wireless router. I then have an ethernet cord connecting my laptop to my Playstation 2. I need to bridge the connection in order to get internet from my laptop to my Playstation 2, but I can't get it to work.

I start out by going to my network connections. I am currently connected to the internet and they look like this:

Xink1_zpsff25d472.png

So, I highlight both LAN and Wireless, right click, and hit bridge connections. I then lose my wireless internet and the bridge is unsuccessful. It looks like this:

Xink2_zpsdc2baebb.png

As soon as I delete the bridge, my internet returns instantly. I don't understand what the problem is. I have been looking for info for the passed few hours and I'ms tarting to get aggrevated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

The most important part  is to right click Local Area Connection and Add To Bridge in the network connections. Also make sure the sharing tab under the wireless adapter and local area connection is unchecked.

Edited by chrisd87, 21 February 2014 - 02:00 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 K1ngYosh11

K1ngYosh11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

I've done those, but its still not working

#4 K1ngYosh11

K1ngYosh11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

I figured her out. Thanks for your help

#5 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Can you please tell us what you did to resolve the problem?

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users