Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can a 'backdoor' or similar access a laptop without internet access?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nmdtime

Nmdtime

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

My laptop has been and still is 'hijacked'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ranfan

ranfan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

From past experience, I'd have to say no. The information gained from the backdoors are usually transferred over the net, so if you happen to get one on your system, and are disconnected from the internet, there's nothing that can be received.

Edited by ranfan, 21 February 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#3 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

My laptop has been and still is 'hijacked'.

The only way that could happen is if the infection has been transfered through an infected flash drive or CD/DVD....which does happen.

What steps have you taken to correct your issue.

#4 Nmdtime

Nmdtime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Excuse me for my inarticulate question.

My laptop is being 'hijacked' as though someone has remote access. The Wi-Fi appears 'off' yet this could be a 'spoof' --similar to several other posts in these forums. I've tried erasing the Recovery Partition, the main partition, and several recovery installs of Mavericks. My files and settings and keystrokes are still being altered --like a prank.

Process of elimination: how are these 'digital hijackers' accessing my computer (or files) despite a completely shutdown-laptop, as well as every reformat? I also never use the Wi-Fi or Ethernet to solve this problem. (I use my 'hijacked' iPhone for Internet access exclusively.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users