Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe flash player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nickallan

nickallan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

Hi everyone, new to the site. Any time I want to play a video on facebook it keeps telling me I need to download adobe flash player, I have it already ! run 4 different scans, but it keeps coming back ? help!!  Does the word '' conduit '' mean anything to you ?

Edited by hamluis, 21 February 2014 - 12:34 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

what browser are you using? It could be as simple as Adobe somehow got disabled in the browser. If you're using IE, then go to tools-manage addons and make sure Flash is enabled

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 DiSue

DiSue

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

I don't know much, but I do know that conduit comes up as a breach in security when I run scans.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Conduit is a browser hijacker, which is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it will add the Conduit Toolbar, and change your browser homepage and default search engine to search.conduit.com.

Conduit it’s technically not a virus, but it does exhibit plenty of malicious traits, such as rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, browser hijacking, and in general just interfering with the user experience. The industry generally refers to it as a “PUP,” or potentially unwanted program.

In the interim, we can go ahead and run these programs to help clean out some of that junk.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.

• Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.
  • After the scan has finished..
  • This time click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
    • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
    • Last run ESET.
      • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
      • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
      • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
      • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
      • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
      • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
      • Click the Start button.
      • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
      • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
      • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
      • Scan potentially unwanted applications
      • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
      • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
      • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
      • When the scan completes, click List Threats
      • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
      • Click the Back button.
      • Click the Finish button.
      • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

May want to get this topic moved to the am I infected forum, so you can get a clean slate on your pc, then if problems are still persistent, then we can re approach the issue.

Edited by chrisd87, 21 February 2014 - 12:43 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#5 nickallan

nickallan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

Thank you all, that's very helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users