Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to install Intel G33 Drivers on Vista 64-bit

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

I basically reinstalled a fresh copy of windows & all went well, 2nd CD has drivers. I believe I found the issue, all drivers installed without issue except: Intel G33 VGA Driver - Files will unzip normally & then an error message stating system does not meet minimum requirements for installing software & setup will now exit.

I've googled it & everything I try fails, when I try to update driver via device mgr, it states it's up to date. DirectX diagnostics also states their are no problems, but both still don't recognize video card at all. Even went to Dell & Intel sites for drivers & support, none of them helped!

I am totally stumped, I know it's something simple, here are my computer specs:

Dell Inspiron 530 - refurb purchased 2008
Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 2.8GHz
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 & 2 - 64-bit
6GB RAM - 1TB WD HDD (Brand new)
DirectX 10 upgraded to 11
550W power supply

Original vid-card is a HIS IceQ Turbo 2600XT - 512MB

New vid card is an ASUS Radeon R7 240 - DDR3 2GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Have you tried downloading the driver directly from your PC's website? Seeing it's a Dell, you'll need your service tag # and you'll get all the driver directly releated to your PC.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/inspiron-530

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

If your new video card is installed, then your onboard may automatically be disabled via BIOS. If this is the case, then your G33 one will not be installed.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

There is no need to install the Intel VGA driver if you are using a Radeon card. Did the computer come with an integrated graphics chip?

#5 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

If your new video card is installed, then your onboard may automatically be disabled via BIOS. If this is the case, then your G33 one will not be installed.

Damn...I didn't read all of the post...I got ahead of myself....thanks cryptodan.....

#6 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

There is no need to install the Intel VGA driver if you are using a Radeon card. Did the computer come with an integrated graphics chip?

That's exactly right....and as cryptodan stated..it should disable the onboard and if not got into the BIOS and check and change as needed.

#7 Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

I saw that option too... right now I have PCI slot option selected on BIOS. That should've done the trick right?

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Try removing your new radeon card, and see if it will install?

#9 Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Try removing your new radeon card, and see if it will install?

Eureka!! You are right, it was BIOS settings. Changed "Init Display First" to "PCIEx" - had it on PCI slot initially! Thank you so very much!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users