Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michelle2680

michelle2680

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:54 AM

Hi everyone. My laptop was fine until a few days ago. All of a sudden when I turned it on and attempted to sign into my email, I noticed that the letters would erase as I typed them, sometimes immediately, sometimes not until I would finish typing the whole word. It is now extremely frustrating to use it beacause sometimes I try to type fast to get it all in before it gets deleted, and then I move down to say, the password field and begin to type there, well that will all erase AND the username field above will erase too! This occurs on every program, including the address bar when I try to enter websites in my browser. I've noticed that the cursor just moves around when it's not being touched and also sometimes when I try to select something with it, it will just open it quickly and close it. For instance, I cannot even access the start menu as when it is selected, it quickly flashes but will not open. Or sometimes give me an error message like "are you sure you want to abort this?" when I hadn't even touched anything. It's almost as if someone is watching what I'm doing online and fooling around with me (okay NOW I sound off my rocker)- but is that possible? It is so bad, that I am actually typing this question on my Sidekick because my laptop would not permit me to. I'm thinking otherwise that I must have some sort of bug, so I've run several spyware/adware checks, anti-virus scans including Ewido, reset the system back two months and still no dice. The keyboard is perfectly clean with no obstructions or stuck keys. It's an Averatec 3150 laptop. I am using windows xp professional and I believe xp plus is installed as well. The computer is primarily used for internet surfing, and I do not open foreign emails. I do have it on a wireless network that is WEP encrypted. Does anyone have any idea what I may be looking at here? I apologize for the long-winded question, I am just at the end of my rope with this thing and typing on my Sidekick isn't really doin it for me! LOL!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:20 PM

Well, at first glance this seems to be a hardware issue and not a software issue. Something is 'firing', perhaps the keyboard, perhaps the mousepad or buttons. Don't know. But the fact that your scans come up clean kind of confirms this also. Are you using a mouse with this laptop? A wireless mouse perhaps? Disconnect the mouse if that is the case. See if the problems go away.

EDIT: I almost forgot: Welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 13 May 2006 - 05:21 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users