Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VM locks when I type

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kpatterson14206

kpatterson14206

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Good morning,

I am having an issue where my Virtual Machine (which I access via Citrix remote desktop) is doing this thing where it is locking when I am typing. It seems to be happening every 2nd or 3rd character I try to type, into any program at all.

By "Lock", I mean if you were to go to Start, then click the arrow next to Shut Down and goto "Lock", so that I have to put my password in before I can see the VM.

Anybody experienced this before? I have logged off the VM, logged back in, restarted it, restarted my local machine, etc and it's still locking the screen. I even rebooted the VM on the server side and it's still happening a couple minutes after I logged in.

I tried stopping rdpclip.exe on the VM and local machine, and also stopping and then starting it on both the VM and local machine without any success. Multiple other users who work with me use VM's on the same group and are not having this issue.

I'm at a loss for what to do here, I've been googling this for about an hour and not a single relevant result. Something I noticed but may not be relevant: my VM session is full screened, and when I manually lock it the login screen is also full screen. But when it locks itself it shrinks the desktop screen down and then re-maximizes it after I login.

Edited by kpatterson14206, 20 February 2014 - 11:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

I know this sounds silly, but make sure your Windows key is not somehow mashed down. If it is and when you're typing if you press the L key it would lock the screen.

Edited by chrisd87, 20 February 2014 - 12:59 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users