Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrblond

mrblond

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Hi,

I have a big problem when working with big files so I wonder if it is because of a virus.

My Info:

Laptop HP / intel Core i3

Windows 7

RAM 3 GB

Hard disc 500 GB (16 GB free space)

Avast antivirus

The problem appears when I work with CorelDraw on a file bigger than 20 or 30 MB which is not that much. 

Then often when I try to save the file, some messages tell me <Out of Memory> or <The file cannot be saved because the output folder might be full>.

My temp folder is almost empty. Yesterday I set the virtual memory to custom 4593 MB for both initial and maximum size. But today again the program failed to save the file. Now I can hardly work.

A colleague of mine works on files bigger than 100 MB with 4 GB RAM.

That's why I suspect a virus problem.

Can someone help?

Edited by mrblond, 20 February 2014 - 11:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,105 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Hi,

3 GB of RAM on Windows 7 isn't that much, 16 GB of free space on a 500 GB disk doesn't help either. the issues you describe can be explained by that. Recommended is at least 25% of free space and if you have a 64 bit version of Windows 4 GB of RAM.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 mrblond

mrblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

OK, thanks!

I'm going to add more RAM and will see.

#4 mrblond

mrblond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

Well, since yesterday I'm with 6 GB of RAM. As if the performance now is much better and I start working with confidence. 

But, at once a message <Out of memory> appeared again. After the message I can only close the file without saving. After this operation the file is corrupt and when I open it, it is empty. 

I can post a printscreen image but cannot find how to do it here moreover, every time when I click the Post button here and the forum signs me out.

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Did you free up some disk space? The page file will need this to work well.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users