Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi. Any info or advice appreciated please. From new person

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 eatapeach77

eatapeach77

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

I have been having some problems recently, I have previously asked for help and have followed the grateful advice. The phones are still there, so am wondering if its just my neighbours. They are in the network and sharing bit, I view devices..They come up as phones in the list, and also a icon for a mobile phone with a model number, I right click properties which gives me a mac address, so i copy n paste to a website that give the devices company make and model.. Any hoo, Last night i went to create an account for my little boy, i went to the guest account and there is a scary face as the picture. I dont know where it came from. So i started another account, which automatically gave me an asus logo for the picture of the account, a minute or so later the picture had changed to another different scary face..freaked me out a bit. Its the face of Jason from friday 13th film without the mask!! Weird.. I dont want to use my lappy any more... :( My brother has put on emisoft and malwarebytes and is a bit baffled too. Would anyone throw some light on this...I love computers but dont know an awfull lot, as you can probably tell. Many thanks in advance Kind regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Can you take some screen shots of what you are seeing? Where are you seeing these phones? Are you seeing them from windows in the wireless connections? If that is the case they probably have wifi hot spot turned on so you see the devices as available networks. I really can not make heads or tails of what is going on without seeing first hand.

"They are in the network and sharing bit" to be in this location they would likely need to be connected to your wireless router. Do you have a password required to connect to your router? When you connect to your wireless have you ever needed a password? It seems to me most likely your network has not been secured and is left open to your neighbors or any one that is in range. Usually leases last 1-7 days so if they connect while driving by you might see them in the router for a few days...

If you can take some screen shots or use the snipping tool of windows we can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Edited by zingo156, 20 February 2014 - 01:44 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 eatapeach77

eatapeach77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

its saying im not allowed to use that image extension on this community

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

What are you saving the files as? .jpg?

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Also you have 2 threads open, it might be wise to use your original thread for this issue, there are other answers there as well. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524314/newbie-needs-help/

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Let's keep this in the original topic. To avoid confusion, this topic is locked.

If, after all possibilites are exhausted in your other topic, someone thinks your system should be checked for malware, this topic can be unlocked by sending a private message to any moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users