Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What was this file what I got in Omegle?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 polarbearcub

polarbearcub

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

So I was going to Omegle, but then I received this file download box on IE where it said "Do you want to download this" and I accidentally clicked yes, but then I didn't run that file. It was the IE's download box that comes when you download things. I didn't click any download link. Then I saw that it was some sort of .js file, or could be anything else.

Do you know what was this? I scanned with Malwarebytes and I am scanning with the ZoneAlarm scan, but Malwarebytes just found 2 Smartbar viruses which I deleted, but I am not sure if there are more viruses as some malwares and viruses are masked as good or normal programs, so people don't know if they are malware or viruses.

I already have 3 firewalls (ZoneAlarm, Windows Firewall, and my router's firewall), Malwarebytes and ZoneAlarm antivirus. ZoneAlarm is both antivirus and firewall.

How long does the ZoneAlarm full scan take by the way?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JamesGlasgowUK

JamesGlasgowUK

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hi polarbearcub

Not one of the experts here but it sounds like a JavaScript file - as far as I know omegle runs on Adobe flash not Java. Your antivirus time will depend on the number of files you have on your pc to check

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hello. So the file IS downloaded into the Downloads folder..
Did you scan that folder?

What is the name of the file there?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

All folders scanned with both ZoneAlarm and Malwarebytes, and nothing is found. My computer is making this wind noise though. Is the downloads folder named just downloads, or is it another downloads folder? I couldn't find the file by myself either, and I didn't click "save file", I clicked "Run". But when it downloaded, I didn't run it. In what folder is the IE downloads folder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users