Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Get Rid Of Gorilla Price Completely-Manual Removal Guide

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TIGER GURU

TIGER GURU

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

http://hijackerremovalexpert.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/how-do-i-get-rid-of-gorilla-price.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TIGER GURU

TIGER GURU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

This is not my post but it works. 

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,813 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

And.......the BC community should be aware that http://hijackerremovalexpert.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/how-do-i-get-rid-of-gorilla-price.html, carries an "UNKNOWN" assessment from WOT, and

http://www.teesupport.com/testimonials.php carries a "WARNING POOR REPUTATION" assessment from WOT

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#4 TIGER GURU

TIGER GURU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

And.......the BC community should be aware that http://hijackerremovalexpert.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/how-do-i-get-rid-of-gorilla-price.html, carries an "UNKNOWN" assessment from WOT, and

http://www.teesupport.com/testimonials.php carries a "WARNING POOR REPUTATION" assessment from WOT

Agreed , but , I have not and will not suggest that the aforementioned party should be contacted . I have only posted as there step by step instructions to remove GorrilaPrice pop ups " do work " !

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Those instructions are provided by Tee Support.

Tee Support 24/7 online computer expert can help you out of all the computer virus!

While those instructions may have worked for you, Tee Support is a scam support site which often uses scare tactics to get folks to use their services. At that bottom of that removal guide, they provide a warning essentially telling folks if they do not follow every step exactly the system may crash...and to come to Tee Support 24/7 online computer expert for live help. They also provide instructions to edit Windows registry without providing instructions to back it up first.

Tee Support is notorious for spamming links at Microsoft Community forums and elsewhere. I do not recommend anyone follow their directions or seek assistance from their online support.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 TIGER GURU

TIGER GURU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Correction .... They warn that if instructions are not followed " exactly " , your system may crash and you are " welcome " to turn to them for advice ..... Once again , I state that there posted instructions WORK but I DO NOT advise anyone to turn to them in person ! ..... Maybe I have missed the point of this BC community ????????? .... My understanding was that it exists to help and advise computer users on how to resolve daily operating issues, not for real advice/support to be laughed at by " those in charge " of this site ! ..... Tell you what , show the community that there instructions when followed to the letter do not work and then show " us all " how you would remove GorillaPrice ? 

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

There is no correction needed...I paraphrased by saying essentially they say... The entire quote is in the link to their guide.

We have an entire forum for those requesting help with malware, PUPs, adware, etc...it is called the Am I infected? What do I do? forum. That is where our helpers provide step by step instructions so users are guided under supervision.

An updated searchable list of the newest rogues (and how to remove them) can be found in the Spyware And Malware Removal Guides Index or the Virus, Spyware, & Malware Removal Guides which are listed in order of the most current threat.

While we do not have a removal guide specifically for GorillaPrice, if I had to recommend a guide it would be this one: How to remove GorillaPrice

Bleeping Computer is a family oriented site where we offer assistance to those who know very little about computing. As such, our forum discussion board is primarily targeted more for the novice user as they comprise most of our membership. We provide help based on that premise since it is impossible for us to know the extent of a member's background, knowledge level and experience. We also keep this in mind when writing replies since we know many novice members read various topics searching for answers without ever posting a reply.

As such I must warn our members about scam sites and not to use them.

I hope you can appreciate and understand why we do this so please don't take my comments as an affront to you personally.

#8 TIGER GURU

TIGER GURU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

I personally fully understand and appreciate why you have to do so , but , would suggest you do so in a more user friendly format. This is only the second topic I have commented on , the first of which, one of our users was getting another to run multiple unnecessary data scans in answer to a very simple question of a removal. I was " laughed at " for saying the scans were a waste of time and giving " my instructions " to quickly resolve the matter. Please note , I may be a new member but I am not new to PCs. Chances are I am old enough to be your father and my computer experience goes back to the Commodore   Amiga A600+ and A1200+. New member ? Sure ...... New computer user, hell no ;) ..... I have been building PC`s for over 10 years and am now learning programming. Please , never judge NEW MEMBERS as NOVICES because you can never know ! P.S. On that other matter , another user followed my instructions and posted a compliment to me in that thread.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

We don't judge new members...we treat them as novices since it is impossible for us to know the extent of a member's background, knowledge level and experience until we get to know them. That is what has made BC the family community it is instead of another tech site where a lot of folks don't understand half of what is said to them.

Since you have so much experience in building computers, that knowledge would certainly be very helpful in our hardware forum.

As for the other topic you posted in...the first responders in that forum asks folks to run various scans not just to remove malware/adware/PUPs but to check a member's system for vulnerabilities, outdated software, installed security software, etc. With that information we can advise them how to harden their security, what software to update, etc which in turn helps them protect themselves from reinfection. Part of what we do here is to teach and educate, not just clean up a computer and send folks on their way. In fact we have an entire area devoted to various tutorials.

BTW, I am old enough to be your twin brother.

#10 TIGER GURU

TIGER GURU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

OMG , you do have a sense of humor after all ..... lol .... Anyway twin brother, I would be happy to advise in the hardware forum. As I have previously stated, my time during the week is very limited. Example, I should now be sleeping as it is 02:46 Thursday morning here and I need to be up at 07:00. That said , you have my email so please direct me to where I could most help and I shall endeavor to do so. End of the day , we all want the same thing ..... To help others and save them money ! 

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,813 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Amen..."" End of the day , we all want the same thing ..... To help others ....... ""...

This must be the "old fellas page".......I also am a member of the 'club'

Regards,

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

:thumbup2:

Hardware forum

Subforums
Internal Hardware
External Hardware
System Building and Upgrading
Questions and advice for Buying a New Computer

#13 TIGER GURU

TIGER GURU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Did Condobloke just tell us we are old :nono:  ...... lol .... Life begins at 40  :thumbup2:

#14 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:53 AM

Gee I thought it started when AARP started soliciting you for membership. :whistle:

#15 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,813 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

nah...you know you're getting old when you've run out of things to learn the hard way....

(we are only a smidgen off topic here !)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users